Knowing how to market your products to Gen Z is crucial to having your products reach a younger demographic. Gen Z – people born between 1997-2012 – is a generation that has been raised on the internet, which gives them a different literacy for software products and other technologies when compared with the generations that preceded them. Marketing to Gen Z, therefore, requires a different approach than that of marketing to other generations. However, marketing to this generation is not rocket science. Follow these seven tried and tested steps crafted together by our dedicated marketing team.
1. Keep Active on Social Media
- Gen Z is highly active on social media, particularly on platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube. Consider creating engaging content and advertising on these platforms to reach them as a first simple step to market your products to Gen Z.
- Respond to comments, answer questions, and engage with your followers on a regular basis. This can help build a strong, loyal community around your brand. Run contests and giveaways to encourage engagement and build excitement around your brand. This can help increase your social media following and drive sales.
2. Engage in Influencer Marketing
- Influencer marketing can be effective in reaching Gen Z. Partner with relevant influencers who align with your brand values to reach this target audience. Be sure to research and select influencers who align with your brand values and target audience. Consider the size and engagement of their following, as well as the type of content they create.
- After finding your candidate, work with the influencer to create content that is authentic, creative, and relevant to their audience. Allow them to showcase your product in their own unique way, rather than dictating exactly what they should do. Make sure to establish clear metrics to measure the success of the partnership and track the ROI of your investment.
3. Reach Out for User-Generated Content
- Encourage customers to share their experiences with your product on social media. This can help build social proof and increase trust among potential customers. Encourage customers to share photos or videos of themselves using your products on social media. Use hashtags, hold contests, and offer incentives to encourage user-generated content.
- Additionally, ask customers to leave reviews of your products, including both written feedback and photos. Make it easy for customers to leave reviews by providing a clear call-to-action and simplifying the review process.
4. Practice Authenticity
- Gen Z values authenticity and is skeptical of traditional advertising. Ensure your marketing is transparent and genuine, and that your brand and products align with your values. You will want to be transparent about your products, their origin, and the values that your brand represents. Provide clear information about the materials and processes used to create your products and be transparent about any challenges or limitations.
- Remember to tell your brand story in an authentic and relatable way, highlighting your unique history, mission, and values. Use storytelling to connect with your customers and build a sense of community.
- Use high-quality, authentic images that accurately depict your products, rather than using staged or heavily edited photos. This can help build trust and credibility with your customers and can be a starting point to market your products to Gen Z.
5. Focus on Sustainability
- Sustainability is important to Gen Z customers, so consider incorporating eco-friendly and socially responsible practices into your marketing. Assess your supply chain and work with suppliers who prioritize sustainability. Consider using eco-friendly materials, reducing waste, and minimizing packaging.
- Consider the entire life cycle of your products, from production to disposal. Encourage customers to recycle or repurpose your products and consider offering repair or reuse options. Also, measure and reduce the carbon footprint of your business operations, such as shipping, storage, and office operations. Consider using eco-friendly transportation options and investing in renewable energy.
6. Provide Personalization
- Offer personalized recommendations and experiences to appeal to Gen Z’s desire for individuality. Use data, such as purchase history and browsing behavior, to make personalized product recommendations for customers. This can help increase customer satisfaction and drive sales.
- You can also segment your customer base based on demographics, behavior, and preferences, and use this information to personalize the shopping experience for each segment. Also, consider offering customization options, such as monogramming or custom sizing, to help customers personalize their purchases.
7. Offer Interactive Experiences
- Provide interactive experiences, such as virtual try-ons or 360-degree product views, to engage with Gen Z and create a memorable brand experience. Offer customers the ability to customize and configure products in real-time, using interactive tools and simulations.
- It’s also helpful to provide live chat support, enabling customers to chat with customer service representatives in real time. Additionally, consider creating interactive product videos that let customers control the viewing angle and zoom in on details.
- Remember, Gen Z is tech-savvy and constantly connected, so it is crucial to stay current and adapt your marketing strategies as technology evolves.
Curious to Learn More About Boosting Conversions With Gen Z Audiences?
Our team of Ecommerce digital marketing experts at Imagine Monkey are well versed in SEO, website design optimization, and social media marketing. We thrive on helping businesses engage with and capture their targeted markets. Reach out to our Ecommerce marketing team today, to find out more about the options we provide for targeting your audience and elevating your marketing strategy to the next level.